"I feel a recipe is only a theme, which an intelligent cook can play each time with a variation. "
Madam Benoit

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Raw Broccoli Salad

I saw this recipe on another blog and thought it looked pretty good. I will tell you that it is a cinch to make and very healthy but good? I definitely didn't fall in love with it. After the first few bites it reminded me a lot of Tabbouleh. A middle eastern salad made with Bulgar and finely chopped parsley, tomatoes, green onions, lemon juice and olive oil. Now Tabbouleh I like, so the second time I made it I followed this recipe and added little parsley, some tomatoes and a tad more lemon juice. It was much better the second time around. So I say make this, try it, then kick it up your own way :)

Ingredients

3 cups of chopped broccoli
2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
2 tbs of finely minced coriander
1 tsp of cumin
1/4 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
Juice from 1 lemon
1/2 tsp of sea salt

Directions

Wash and finely chop the broccoli, several florets at a time. Include 1 garlic clove in the chopping. Chop for another minute and then add the second clove. Keep chopping until the broccoli is a similar size to that in the picture.

Place the broccoli into a large, non-reactive bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and then mix well with a metal spoon.
Cover and let the broccoli sit in the fridge for one hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment