"I feel a recipe is only a theme, which an intelligent cook can play each time with a variation. "
Madam Benoit

Monday, September 19, 2011

Roasted Chickpeas

I have been meaning to make these for a long time and I am sorry to say I now that I have, I was very disappointed. I had it in my head that these would resemble corn nuts, crispy, crunchy and delicious. Crispy and crunchy they are, delicious they are not, they were gritty and dry. I used this  recipe and this recipe and if you notice they differ on the cooking temps. So I decided to start with the higher temperature but then I turned it down to 400 degrees. Maybe they would be better cooked at a lower temp for a longer time or at a higher temp for a shorter time. I don't know but I don't think I will make these again so if anyone finds another way to cook them and like them, then please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment