"I feel a recipe is only a theme, which an intelligent cook can play each time with a variation. "
Madam Benoit

Monday, January 10, 2011

Thai Peanut Noodles

I make a dish very similar to this but this one comes from Epicurious. I wanted a side dish to go with the salad and this was something I knew would be quick and I had most of the ingredients on hand. It's always delicious. My substitutions were whole wheat spaghetti in place of linguine, crunchy peanut butter instead of creamy and garnished with cilantro because that is what I had. I also added a teaspoon fish sauce and some sriracha to the liquid ingredients.
Ingredients

8-10 oz. linguine or flat rice noodles

8 green onions

3 small garlic cloves

1 T. fresh ginger, peeled and grated

2 medium carrots

1/2 large red bell pepper

2 T. sesame oil

1/4 c. honey

1/4 c. creamy peanut butter

1/4 c. soy sauce

3 t. unseasoned rice vinegar

1/4-1/2 t. red pepper (optional)

1/2 c. mung bean sprouts

1/3 c. chopped peanuts

Directions

Whisk together honey, peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar and red pepper and set aside. Cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente. Julienne the green onions, carrots, and bell pepper; and mince the garlic. Heat the seseme oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the carrots, saute for a minute or two, then add the garlic, bell peppers, onions, and garlic. Saute until crisp tender. Add the liquid ingredients and heat through, stirring gently. Then add the pasta and toss until coated. Garnish with the chopped peanuts and bean sprouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment