"I feel a recipe is only a theme, which an intelligent cook can play each time with a variation. "
Madam Benoit

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pescado A La Naranja

This is a recipe from a Mexican cooking class I took years ago. This is a good healthy and easy dish but I will admit it's nothing spectacular.
 We went to Point Loma Seafoods to see what they had available and I couldn't leave without some red snapper. This recipe called for halibut but the snapper was very good in its place. I also added a diced Serrano to the onion/garlic mixture. I served this with wild rice..I know, not very Mexican but healthy was they key to this meal!

Ingredients

2 pounds fresh or frozen halibut steaks or other fish steaks

1/2 cup finely chopped onion

2 cloves garlic, minced

2 tablespoons cooking oil

2 tablespoons snipped cilantro or parsley

1 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon pepper

1/2 cup orange juice

1 tablespoon lemon juice

Directions

Thaw fish, if frozen.


Arrange fish in a 12x7 1/2 x2-inch baking dish.

In small skillet cook onion and garlic in oil till onion is tender but not brown.

Stir in cilantro or parsley, salt, and pepper, Spread mixture over fish.

Combine orange juice and lemon juice; pour evenly over all, Bake, covered, in a 400° oven for 20 to 25 minutes or till fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment