"I feel a recipe is only a theme, which an intelligent cook can play each time with a variation. "
Madam Benoit

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Let's make Sangria!

My hubby and I went to an Argentinian restaurant the other night and had some Sangria with our delicious steaks. I thought that my Sangria is a lot better so I decided to make some the next day. It is easy and yummy and perfect for a warm spring day!

Ingredients

1 Bottle of red wine ( I like to use Cabernet )
1 Lemon cut up
1 Orange cut up
1 Apple cut up
2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 cup brandy
2 Cups club soda or sparkling water

Directions

Pour wine in the pitcher

squeeze the juice from the lemon and orange into the wine.

Toss in the fruit



add sugar and brandy

Add ginger ale or club soda just before serving.

If you'd like to serve right away, use chilled red wine and serve over lots of ice.


No comments:

Post a Comment