"I feel a recipe is only a theme, which an intelligent cook can play each time with a variation. "
Madam Benoit

Friday, October 23, 2009

"Themed Dinners"

Some of our friends decided that we should start having "themed" dinners once a month. There are 8 of us, 4 couples and each month the host gets to choose the theme. Sounds fun huh? We are starting this month and the theme is Gourds....very seasonal. I had a bit of a hard time deciding on a main dish but ultimately chose a Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill Pumpkin soup, until my cousin told me about a curry pumpkin soup that is flawless. So I changed my mind and now that's what I will be making, and yes I changed my mind the day before the dinner. I am also going to be baking a Bourbon Pumpkin Tart. I haven't made it or tried it before but it sure looks good. Fingers crossed, it's been a while since a baked... I mean really baked!
So here is the plan ( hopefully ) I will blog the recipes I make, pictures may be limited because making a tart crust and taking pictures sounds like a doozy.. and then I will take pictures of the dinner and give reviews! If you like what you see, I can give you the recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment