"I feel a recipe is only a theme, which an intelligent cook can play each time with a variation. "
Madam Benoit

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Moroccan Couscous

I love couscous!Any way you give it to me, I just think it's super-duper! It's so easy to make and so versatile. This is dish is lovely and goes great with fish or chicken (surprise surprise ;)

Moroccan Couscous

Ingredients

1/3 cup cashews, roughly chopped
1 tsp curry powder
¼ tsp cinnamon
1 bay leaf
1 Tbsp Olive oil
¾ cup chopped onion
1 tsp garlic
¼ cup dried cranberries
1 cup whole wheat couscous
1 1/2 cup water or chicken broth
½ tsp salt
Cilantro (optional)
Directions

Toast the cashews ; set aside
Sauté the onions and garlic until tender Add in the curry powder, cinnamon, cranberries, and cashews and let hang out over low heat. Meanwhile bring the water or chicken broth to boil, I used a little of both because I had an open chicken broth can in my fridge. Then add bay leaf.
When it reaches a boil, remove from heat and stir in the couscous. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes. After the 5 minutes, remove bay leaf and add the couscous to the onion mixture. Stir to combine ingredients. Taste to make sure seasoning is to your liking. I like my food salty (which I am working on) so this is your chance to add more if it needs it!
Garnish with cilantro if you like! Now how easy was that?
Tasty tasty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment