"I feel a recipe is only a theme, which an intelligent cook can play each time with a variation. "
Madam Benoit

Friday, April 3, 2009

It's all Greek to me!

This morning all I could think about was some fresh pita bread dipped into some cold Tzatziki. Mmmm! If you don't know about this yummy sauce, it's a Greek appetizer/sauce usually served with Souvlaki and Gyros but it's also a great dip for pita bread. I stopped by our local Mediterranean market this afternoon and the line for the deli was out the door. The great thing about Tzatziki is it's a breeze to make so I grabbed the ingredients and headed home to my kitchen to whip some up! The end result as my husband put it was "it's Flippen AWESOME" although he used another word instead of Flippen!

Tzatziki


Ingredients
2 cups low fat Greek style yogurt
4-6 garlic cloves chopped
1/2 cup grated cucumber
1 Tbls olive oil
2 tsp lemon juice
salt to taste

Directions

Whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil in medium size bowl.

Fold in the yogurt and make sure it mixes completely with the oil.

Add in the grated cucumber and chopped garlic, I started with 5 cloves of garlic and then added one more to suit our taste; stir to combine. Add some salt to taste.

Cover and chill until ready to use!



















No comments:

Post a Comment