"I feel a recipe is only a theme, which an intelligent cook can play each time with a variation. "
Madam Benoit

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What tempts my palate

You know how you've been asked, "what's your favorite food?" Well I cannot answer that question. It changes daily, however there are a few dishes that I LOVE! I don't get them very often so that's probably why I like them so much! Thanks to foodgawker I am reminded how good they are when I come across the pictures. See for yourself, if you haven't tried any of these dishes you need to get up and go try one now!


Roast Duck L'Orange
Duck l'orange is a roasted duck that is glazed with an sweet orange syrup! Enticing and rich...



Feijoada
Feijoada is the national dish of Brazil. Thanks to my mom who spent some years living there, she made this for me throughout my childhood. It is a stew of black beans with a variety of salted pork and beef products, bacon and some different types of sausages. It is served with rice, collard greens and topped with a cassava flour called farofa. A side of hot fresh salsa makes my bowl of bold wonderfully tasty feijoada perfect!

Carne Asada Tacos
Mouth watering goodness. Bbq'd marinated carne asada meat, served on a corn tortilla. Topped with whatever you like, but the essentials are onion and cilantro.




Bastilla
Bastilla is the national dish of Morocco. It is a elaborate meat pie ( they use squab but chicken can substitute) which combines sweet and salty flavors. A delicious combination of crisp layers of phyllo dough, savory meat slow-cooked in broth and spices and shredded, and a crunchy layer of
toasted and ground almonds, cinnamon, and sugar. Heavenly!


No comments:

Post a Comment